Leyla Nichols established General Conference Services in 2010. An Army Spouse with a hospitality career that began with Hilton Worldwide, she realized a need for experienced, diligent and concise conference and event services within federal programs. Upon learning of her spouse’s military orders for reassignment to another duty station, she decided to take the leap of faith to begin her business. From the start, she has made it a focus to support the Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Program by securing hotels that equally strive to support our Soldiers and their families. After successfully building a strong rapport with Yellow Ribbon planners, the contracting offices began requesting bids for training programs, lodging requirements and conferences for locations throughout the U.S. From a home office in Atlanta, GA to Ft. Bragg, NC, then New Orleans, LA, and finally a forever home in Northern Virginia, Leyla Nichols has built the success of her business as a proud military wife that puts tireless dedication into providing solutions to GOV and MIL planners. She believes that having a personal vested interest in military programs and ensuring her clients have successful conferences is ultimately what sets her apart from other companies. General Conference Service’s mission statement is: To ensure the ease of planning and conducting conferences while keeping the focus on those who serve our country.
Prior to incorporating General Conference Services, Leyla absorbed hands-on knowledge in the hospitality industry. She achieved great success with Hilton Worldwide earning the highly recognized Circle of Excellence award. Winners of this prestigious award are considered to be among the best in the hospitality industry while only a handful of Hilton employees receive the award annually. Hilton Worldwide provided her the in-depth understanding of how the hospitality industry operates. Leyla has also received three highly coveted meeting industry awards, referred to as President’s Club awards with HelmsBriscoe, which are given to hotel & venue site selection specialists that achieve a high frequency of event bookings within the hospitality industry. Additionally, she has been a member of Society of Government Meeting Professionals and is a graduate of Georgia State University’s Robinson College of Business.
General Conference Services is ready to provide:
1. Market research for the customer of all qualified hotel & venue options in any city, state, region or country
2. Hotel & venue negotiation to meet the event requirements at the most competitive pricing & concessions
3. Pre-event and onsite event liaison for the client
4. Attendee rooming list and onsite event registration support
5. Function space agenda & banquet event order preparation
6. Audio visual and information technology equipment and support
7. Key note, topic and cadre speaker vendors
8. Transportation assistance by air & shuttle
9. Childcare services thru a long-standing partnership with a reputable vendor
10. The hotel/venue properly prepared to support the event requirements
GCS has secured hotels and venues around the world since 2010